Paste this code anywhere on your website where you want the widget to be displayed.

Tuesday 26 May 2015

Posting Pictures Online

We had the pleasure of having Constable Budahan come and speak to the Grade 3's yesterday about online safety. He shared an acronym with us that resonated with me and I wanted to share it with our classroom families. Students were told to THINK before posting pictures online:


T- True: Is the picture true?
H- Harmful: Will this picture hurt me or someone else?
I- Illegal: Is there anything illegal in the picture I want to post?
N- Necessary: Is the picture I'm posting necessary or serving a purpose?
K- Kind: Is the photo I'm posting kind to myself and others?

Thank you for reading this post and for speaking with your children about what they do online. This is a conversation that should be constantly evolving and occurring.

The Students of Room 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.